четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

danials summit




I work night shift as a caregiver in a dementia unit and iapos;m finding it somewhat difficult to balance my eating.

while iapos;m at work i usually snack on tea and fruits, maybe some crackers or a bit of chocolate. When i get home at around 0700 i eat some more fruit, go to sleep, wake up at 1500 and have a soup + salad meal. My dinner is usually heavier, around 8pm with a combo of two of the following: salad, bean dish, sandwich, smoothie. I go to work at 2230.

it seems like iapos;m eating all the time... I usually snack throughout my waking hours just to meet my calorie needs (1200-1550), but sometimes i exceed them because my body seems to think i need more. I get 7-8 hours of sleep a day, so i know sleep habits have little to do with my "overeating".

iapos;m pretty active. I do cardio (spin classes, jogging, elliptical, power walking) five or six days a week for at least an hour. (iapos;m going to do pilates or something at home once i figure out some way to fit it into my schedule.)

i guess iapos;m worried that working night shift is going to "mess up" my weight loss. I know working nights can alter a personapos;s metabolism and their body over all. Itapos;s not a reasonable option for me to move to day shift work-- i donapos;t like day shift for multiple reasons, one of them being that when i get home from work, iapos;m so exhausted that i canapos;t bear to do anything but nap. I honestly have more energy if i work night shift

so anyway, what could i do differently to still manage to lose weight?

btw:
HT: 5apos;2"
SW: 124 lbs
CW: ~120 lbs
GW: 112 lbs by december 5
danials summit, danials summit lodge, danials window, danialson.



Комментариев нет: